Site Update #4 – Why everything looks confusing [continuation]
I may have forgotten to mention a few things on my previous post so this is just to add to that:
- When I said I would maybe start from scratch, I meant start from scratch. Completely re-do descriptions on pages and purge all posts etc. I DID open this website on a rush.
- Some of the pages I can simply copy/paste, such as the reference pages but others cannot.
- Posts will be purged so if you want to save one, I suggest you use HTTrack to save any posts and/or pages should you wish to.
- I know wordpress has a data export feature but it exports categories, tags etc. I might want to simply start from scratch. We’ll see. After all, this website is more of a portfolio than anything related to business so I don’t think text posts are that important. Still, I’ll export it all just in case.
- Adding to that: again, sorry for all the confusing version system I have placed on my mods. I’m sitting down and trying to establish a system that doesn’t confuse both me and you. Once again, I apologize for that.
- Not to mention that apparently the Frosty Tools are going through a small revamp for the next release, so I will plan to only use this new system by then.
- Regarding the mods: do not worry. There won’t be anything different among them other than how I will address newer and older versions of mods.
- This new system may look similar to any regular one but I’m trying my best. My folders are also getting disorganized.
I’m always looking for new plugins that can help me improve the way the site looks and how I can manage it properly. Right now I’m looking for plugins that can help me with tags within WordPress. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have. Just leave a link to them in the comments :D.
I can’t give you an exact ETA but I can tell you that all this will have to be done before October, as that’s when WordPress is set to renew my plan.
Thanks and (yes, I apologize constantly), I’m sorry for the inconvenience.